The Purpose Behind my POST - By Karissma Robinson

I believe blogging is a special calling. Many don't understand why countless women and men let their fingers meet the keys to tell the world about their triumphs and trials. I believe the reason behind why each person begins is different, but the one common factor is that we are simply called. Called to share our views, interest and the various unexpected outcomes of life in an effort to help at least one other person along the way! As promised each month this year I would share insight from a guest blogger and today I a proud to feature a piece by Karissma Robinson in the Purpose behind my post! 


Way back in the day when a flip phone was the in thing I stumbled across the wonderful world of blogging. It was a new, but interesting  world for me as  someone who is very opinionated and expressive. It took a while for me to get  started  though because  I wasn't too comfortable about putting my thoughts, opinions  and experiences out there in the public domain, but I figured heyyyyy.. it was worth a shot..soo I did it!

One of my first blogs, if I can remember  correctly,  had to do with a major scandal that was going down during my college years  at Texas Southern University.... it was deep too!! Oh how I wish I could find that blog piece so you could see it for yourself! It had to do with the Univeristy's president  who got caught up in a cobwire of shame and lies over missing money or a misappropriation of funds as they called it. I know juicy right??????!!! Well the scandal upset most students there including myself so I decided to write about the betrayal I felt from the whole ordeal.

At the time I guess my blogs were more focused on impactful events that were happening around me especially as I was studying journalism at the time.

Well anyway ...after college,   blogging came to a stand still and instead I reverted to my journal for no particular reason. It wasn't until  the end of August this year when something extraordinary happend to me.... that my blogging world came back to life!  I wanted to let the world know how marvelous our creator is!

I call it the journey  to spiritual awakening because after that experience.. I was never the same. It awakened me to so many new levels and revealed so many wondetful dimensions about myself and God  that will lead me through the rest of my life!

One thing that stood out to me was our creator's unique strategy and how he will set you up to save you from any worse case scenario! Even as I am writing this blog.. emotions are in full gear... sigh !!!! Ok...got myself together!! 

Early in August I fell ill while on a quick get away trip to West Palm Beach, Florida. I didn't even make it through the first day of trip when I ended up in the hospital  for seven days! Who would have thought.. with my overly health conscious self!!!!???




READ UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there you have it!!!! Deep right!!??? Well it pretty much sums up why I blog! I do it beacuse I have to!!!

I want to inspire my sisters in particular because so many of us are just existing when life is way too short to just exist!  I want to encourage them to do whatever they can to empower  themselves now!!!! A fear of failure holds many us back, but God wants us to overcome fear and pursue!!! No matter how bad their situations may look I want them to know without a shadow of a doubt that GOD will save them from any worse case scenario.. just as he clearly did for me!!!!

I am still not all the way there yet as life has since thrown a number of other curve balls.. but guess what???? I'm still coming out on top !!! Lol  I have to believe  this especially  when I see a warrior such as Noelle Nicolls who has had a traumatic year dealing with end stage kidney disease, but yet she is so positive and is fighting through it in the most beautiful way!!!!! She inspires me!!!!  Very soon I will be blogging about Bahamian women who inspire us all!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Purpose, Through your Pain - Myles Munroe Jr.

5 Reasons Lauren Speed - Hamilton has BLACK WOMEN believing in LOVE Again!

"So God told you he/she was the "ONE", 8 ways to figure out if it was really GOD or just YOU!"