5 Reasons Lauren Speed - Hamilton has BLACK WOMEN believing in LOVE Again!


For those of you who are living under a rock, Lauren Speed is a 33-year-old black woman and cast member on the #1 Netflix show "Love is Blind." LIB is a dating experiment that was filmed to see if two people could fall in love with each other without ever seeing what the other person looks like and for 10 episodes straight Lauren gave us black girl magic. For years society, statistics, and the media have fed black women the story that if you are still single after the age of 30, things ain't looking good for you! We have been told that as black females, when it comes to race and gender, statistics rates you as the least likely to get married, especially as an educated black woman.
I'm sorry what!! As a 34-year-old educated black woman, you can see how the statics are trying to play me. Now deep down, I know statics ain't got nothing on the amazing God I serve, so if marriage is in His plans for me, mark my words it will happen boo, but imagine what being bombarded by these messages can do to you. That is why I am thankful for Lauren Speed- Hamilton. I don't even think she knows how much her narrative has uplifted not only black women and women over 30, but her genuine spirit has transcended across all genders, ages, and races who spent the last few weeks rooting for her to "win." 

Disclaimer I honestly barely watch T.V., let alone reality T.V. I think it's trash T.V. and that it kills brain cells, I literally judge people who watch reality dating shows. I give my mom flack for it every day, with her "Married at First Sight" obsession. So it's incredibly ironic that "Love is Blind' dragged me in completely. All the way to the point that I'm analyzing the psychology behind why this show is so freaking addictive and why we are so obsessed with Cameron and Lauren's love story, regardless here is my take on why Lauren has us so smitten. 


AUTHENTICITY - Literally, if you stalk her Instagram, you will see that her fun-loving, quirky, and energetic personality has stayed the same long before October 2018 when "Love is Blind" was first filmed. It was so easy to relate to their story because it felt like they honestly had a genuine and natural connection. These two were crying with each other and had no idea what each other looked like, and we were there for all the feels!  

CLASSY but SASSY- One of the number one reasons I HATE reality T.V. is because a lot of black women on these shows just seem so filled with drama. I don't like to see us portrayed in that light; fighting and eyes rolling. No thanks! Lauren was articulate, honest, and just straight-up real. Thanks for being the voice of the sophisticated yet down to earth black female. 

FAMILY IS IMPORTANT TO HER - I adore her relationship with her parents. It was so important to her that Cam made a great impression on them, especially Papa Speed, who wasn't too sure about interracial love. The tears she shared with her dad before she walked down the aisle had me sobbing, it was so real, and I just know that their families have a good relationship because she ensured that they started off with a great foundation. 



SHE WAS OPEN TO LOVE - As black women, most of us are naturally drawn to the black man. We want to see him win, be our King, and support His greatness, so most of us never dream of dating outside our race, and Lauren didn't either. I love how she shared that she has always been a strong advocate for the black family structure, but at the end of the day, she saw Cameron's heart. We all have our preferences, and there is nothing wrong with that, but I'm happy that Lauren was open enough to let love in no matter what race or how awkward and nerdy Cam was, he nerdy Nah lol, but he so flicking adorable and you can tell that he really loves her. Oh yeah, he can rap too, he got a 1000 cool points that day, no lie. 



SHE WAS NOT "HOT UP" - In laymen's terms, my girl was chill. She wasn't desperate to say yes, (even though going on a reality dating show already puts you in a little desperate category lol, but outside of that), she wasn't begging for him to say yes, he was begging her. At times it irritated me how she was so torn to say goodbye to her independence, but in the end, I loved the fact that she was chased. She owned that my life isn't over if I don't marry Cam, I was living my best life before I met him and I loved that. She knew she was a Queen in every sense of the word. She knew her worth and value, long before Cameron stepped on the scene. An excellent lesson for all of us to learn. 

No, she ain't a savior or perfect, I mean she missed and cussed in front of the pastor and all. However, that's what makes her so flipping relatable, she is a true Queen, flaws and all. Dear Lauren, It was so great to see you and Cam together a year and a half later after the show filmed. Thank you for the black girl magic during these past 3 weeks and for letting us catch a glimpse of your story. WE love ya girl! 

P.S. Tell the producers to shoot Season 2 Honeymoon in the Bahamas! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Purpose, Through your Pain - Myles Munroe Jr.

"So God told you he/she was the "ONE", 8 ways to figure out if it was really GOD or just YOU!"