Why is GOD Taking SO LONG???


Have you ever thought to yourself, God is taking too long and I know that I am ready to handle this particular thing in my life right now? Have you ever said; this “promise” from God has to be a figment of my imagination because my miracle is taking way too long. As the microwave generation we want things NOW, when we want it and how we want it. The thing is the more “’prayed” up we are, the less humility we have to wait and trust God to see us through.  We've fasted so much we tend to get cocky and say “our miracle should be here by now”, we go to church every Sunday; so we deserve to have this blessing.


Sarah, Abraham’s wife also felt this way. Sarah received word that her and Abraham would have finally a baby. This was something Sarah wanted for a long time and when God finally told her it would happen. She laughed because she couldn't believe in her old age that God actually decided to answer her prayer.

I remember when I got the first delay for my new job. It was August and according to my final interview in July the offer letter should have been coming then but it didn’t, I got utter silence. “Don’t call us we will call you”. I could not believe I had to go back to that school to start my 5th year in September. I was depressed but I kept saying God must know best. I finally got the call at the end of September saying that I would begin the beginning of December. PRAISE God! The crazy thing is I actually ended up moving from Freeport the day after a life changing event that I needed to experience at home. If I had left in August that weekend in Freeport may have not played out the way it did with me being home during the months leading up to my final weekend home. This situation showed me that God doesn't come when we want him to, but he comes on time.


However despite the fact of knowing this, we still sometimes feel we know more than God, like Sarah. She must have said God had to want my husband to have a child with this younger maid servant of mine because he couldn't have meant I must have a child through me, I'm old. So she took it upon herself to make the situation worst. However when the timing was right God STILL blessed her. She went through hell with her maidservant Hagar and the jealousy of her son Ishmael. However through it all, God still blessed her. 




You ever thought why didn't God just make Hagar barren since He was going to give Sarah the child anyway, I think when we don’t listen to God He sometimes allows us to experience that unnecessary pain in order to humble us enough to learn to completely trust him, no matter what the time frame is on that blessing. Every time I get anxious about God answering a prayer I remember when I use to teach my godchild swim lessons. She would always want to swim on her own before she was ready and I would always say let me TEACH you the proper technique first, because you are not ready to do it on your own yet. She would begin to cry, fight me and scream, because she couldn't have it her way. Just like we cry and scream at God when we get tired of him taking so long to teach us the right way. However is he really taking long to teach us? or are we are taking long to learn?


After getting tired of trying to explain to my godchild she wasn't ready, eventually I would just let her go and she would begin to bubble in the water. Grasping for breath, she wanted to now be saved, so eventually after a few bubbles I would bring her to surface. Now before you begin to call child protective services on me, I want you to know that almost 90% of the time in a few minutes she would beg to do it on her own once again, this little girl was persistent. And at first you may be thinking is she crazy, did she not almost experience a near death experiences. 


However it is the same thing we do with God. We don’t want to take the time for him to teach us His way because we so badly want everything to go our way. God is not a genie, he is not here to make your dreams come true, he is here to build a relationship with you. We also have to remember that God’s word will not return to back to him void and if he has promised it, you will receive it. It may be a year, 5 years or 10, but your delay will not be a denial. 

So I strongly encourage you, take solace in the fact that God’s timing is perfect. Don’t drown trying to control of the situation. Humble yourself and allow God’s love to be all that you will ever need and allow that answered prayer to be just the icing for the joy you already have in Christ.  

There is purpose in the wait, trust the process, it's leading you toward your purpose. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Purpose, Through your Pain - Myles Munroe Jr.

5 Reasons Lauren Speed - Hamilton has BLACK WOMEN believing in LOVE Again!

"So God told you he/she was the "ONE", 8 ways to figure out if it was really GOD or just YOU!"