29 THINGS I HOPE TO DO BEFORE MY 30th's BIRTHDAY



As I sit on this balcony overlooking the water, I think back to how faithful God has really been. “I’m not where I need to be, but I’m definitely not where I use to be!” God I just want to take a minute to bask in your awesomeness, your faithfulness and your unconditional love, you blessed me with 29 unforgettable years on this earth and I praise you for your grace and favor. 28 taught me a lot of really hard lessons; it was a year of pure growth.  It was also a year that really grew my faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and not seen. On my Birthday Food tour, my bestie (well  one of, we’re a tripod just so you know lol) , but yeah like I was saying one of my besties asked “What are 3 things you hope to do before you turn 30?”. 


I started to list some things that were already in motion and she quickly said they didn’t count. I’m thinking if I can’t even see how a certain thing could happen, I don’t know if I want to put it on my list. In my head I’m saying “What if I fail?” Well if I do, so what, the point is I had the faith to trust God’s best will for my life. So on my 29th Birthday I prayed about 29 things I want to do before I turn 30. Some of these are already in motion and some are just on pure FAITH, like I don’t know, how, where or when but if its God will I know He will do it and if it’s not He’ll do something even better.  
This year I learned how to trust His closed doors, his hold up wait and His cautionary lights. Woody Allen once said, “You want to make God laugh simply tell him your plans”, well here goes… No matter how many things I accomplish on my list, I know God is and will always be CRAZY faithful and I’m trusting, expecting and claiming that no matter what 29 will be one of the best years I’ve experienced yet! 

1.       Begin to preach more
2.       To begin working FULL time in a career that I LOVE!
3.       To travel to Italy
4.       Direct and stage my very first FULL production play
5.       Deliver the Keynote speech at my former High School’s Graduation
6.       Fall in love again
7.       Travel to speak in and outside of the Bahamas
8.       Start teaching Children’s Sunday School
9.       Reach and maintain my goal weight of 135 (8 more pesky pounds to go!)
10.   Learn how to bake more than bake goods my famous pecan, chocolate chip cookies (they good though ;)
11.   Establish a greater relationship and fundraising initiatives for Lupus Bahamas
12.   Maintain a Healthy Hair regiment
13.   Visit my best friend in Trinidad
14.   Restore some broken friendships
15.   Complete my 29 random Acts of kindness list
16.   Host another conference similar to New Rules
17.   Meet and work with one of the celebrities on my list of people who inspire me ( their album is on pintrest)
18.   Resume my read one book a month pledge
19.   Develop a more balanced lifestyle ( my schedule is way too hectic right now)
20.   Take a cooking class
21.   Do an adventurous act I've never done before, Sky dive, Hot Air balloon or Water ski
22.   Begin a P31 mentor group at my church
23.   Begin to write my book
24.   Act in a feature presentation outside of the Bahamas
25.   Do more things with my extended family, godchildren and immediate family
26.   Spend New Year’s somewhere other than  in Freeport or Nassau
27.   Develop a more obedient spirit to Christ
28.   Dare to wear more stylish and unique trends
29.   LIVE TO see my 30th BIRTHDAY! Healthy, Stronger and Wiser! 



I hope that my list of hopes and desires inspires someone else to trust God with their dreams, and I hope that you will learn to have faith that everything He has for you will be bigger than you could ever dream or imagine. So trust your list with Him and watch Him perform a better miracle for you. I try to remind myself of this everyday!
Jeremiah 29 :11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Purpose, Through your Pain - Myles Munroe Jr.

5 Reasons Lauren Speed - Hamilton has BLACK WOMEN believing in LOVE Again!

"So God told you he/she was the "ONE", 8 ways to figure out if it was really GOD or just YOU!"