Stunningly Sophisticated and Saved

January 2013, God told me, "I need to reintroduce you to me, it looks like you forgot about who I am, My role in your life and the purpose I created you for. It's time to walk away from everything you have placed ahead of Me and our relationship. NOPE! It won’t be easy at all, but I promise you Kerel, it's really going to be worth it!"

I spent my entire life in the church; I'm a PK, also known as a Pastor's kid. I accepted Jesus into my life at the very young age of 8. Through that time, my relationship with Christ has had its highs and boy it has had its lows.  


I remember in 2007, going through a really difficult break up, I didn't know where to turn, who to call or how I would have made it out of my pain. I had a really good friend from college tell me that when you are going through a really rough time, that's a sign that great things are about to be birthed into your life. I was convinced this was just an ordinary line to help get me out of my funk. But I entertained the thought and made the song he introduced me to, by Detrick Haddon, my mantra. "Stand still and know that He is God". I didn't know how God was going to show up, I didn't know when, but I knew the battle was no longer one I could fight on my own. 


And BOY!! it was a rough winter. In the beginning of September I cut myself off from all social networks and committed myself to a daily devotion where I would journal to God, read His word and pour out my pain to Him. I went on an extreme diet and began to prepare for a competition I had NEVER done before. I had lonely nights and tough days but the one thing I did have was Christ. In February 2008, I began to see my friend's prophetic word come to light. My storm had passed, great things began to be birthed into my life and finally the fruits of God's blessing were starting to be revealed. I won my very first pageant, met an awesome new guy, stood on the Miss Bahamas stage (months before this was only a dream), lost a huge amount of weight and traveled on an all expense paid trip to China and Columbia to represent my country for the very FIRST time. Needless to say, my harvest had arrived and I was on CLOUD 9! 


Anyone else ever got RICH AND SWITCH??? So now that my "season" had arrived, I forgot about the one thing in my life that had always remained a constant. The only one that will always forgive you, always shower you with unconditional love and ALWAYS love you. I forgot about Christ. :( This downward spiral leads me to today; the year 2013, The YEAR of CHANGE, preparation and transformation. 


I wanted to start this monthly blog to inspire others and to share the love of Christ and His purpose for your life with you. Sometimes we spend so much time searching for worldly titles, fortune and fame, we forget about the purpose that we were created for. No matter which season we find ourselves in, it's important to remember that our constant should ALWAYS be Christ. A lot of people may feel that being a woman of God is too extra, too boring, or too limited. On the contrary I have met some women who have trusted God through the high and low seasons of their lives and the fruits of their labor have proven to be a great reward. I describe these women as Stunningly Sophisticated and Saved. There are many of you who fill these shoes. So to all of you, known and unknown, I salute you and I encourage you to ALWAYS keep Christ as your constant. Your testimonies have encouraged me to be a woman who can also be described as Stunningly Sophisticated and Saved!


God placed it in my heart for the last few months to blog. I've been running from the tugging on my heart for a long time and I'm tired of being disobedient. Needless to say, here we are. 


 I want to officially welcome you! Over the next few months, we will explore the nine fruits of the spirit: joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self - control and love. Each month I will release a NEW blog entry! I will share life-changing testimonies along with my personal experiences and revelations, as you take this journey with me!


I'm excited. I hope you are, too!! 


Proverbs 31: 30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Purpose, Through your Pain - Myles Munroe Jr.

5 Reasons Lauren Speed - Hamilton has BLACK WOMEN believing in LOVE Again!

"So God told you he/she was the "ONE", 8 ways to figure out if it was really GOD or just YOU!"